If there is one activity I love doing at home, it would be baking. As long as you have an oven at home, you could do so much more than simply cooking, and one of them is making your favorite cookies, muffins, bread, and so much more.
Now I am going to share with you the recipe for making very easy and delicious oatmeal cookies. One of my favorite! It’s easy to make; I like the crunchiness, healthy maybe because of the oats as a good source of fiber and great comfort food that lasts for days.
1 1/2 Cups Quick-cooking rolled oats
3/4 Cups All-purpose flour
1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 Teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon Ground cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup ( 1 stick) butter at room temperature
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Measuring cups and spoons | 2 Baking sheets | Medium and large maxing bowls | Wooden spoon | Electric mixer | Rubber spatula | 2 Tablespoons | Oven mitts | Cooling rack | Metal spatula
- Preheat the oven to 350 F | 176 C . Grease 2 baking sheets with butter.
- Using the wooden spoon in the medium bowl, stir together the oats, flour, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In the large bowl, using the electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar for about 3 minutes, until creamy.
- Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Add the dry flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Using a tablespoon, make a round shape, and push them on the baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake them for 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown around the edges.
- Using your oven mitts, remove them from the oven and let it set on the cooling rack.
Source: KIDS BAKING by Williams-Sonoma
In my case, I didn’t use the mixer. Instead, I just used a wire whisk to mix the wet ingredients and combine both dry and wet ingredients. When it became tough mixing both ingredients, I used a wooden spatula to mix. I decided to flatten the cookie mix on the pan and then baked. Once they were cooked, I let it dry for a few minutes and cut them into squares depending on how small or big you want them to be.
So there you go, enjoy your delicious oatmeal cookies!