The Kind of Travelers You Might Meet – Based on the Views of Fellow Travelers!
Now that travelling is part of our lifestyle, it is no doubt that we, Filipinos are starting to become more adventurous and now have more chance to explore the beautiful Philippines and even the world.
In addition, as we travel, we do get to meet different types of people in terms of nationalities, gender, and most of all different personalities. Most of the time, things go well and people get along during the trip. However, there are also times where you get to observe the different personalities and sometimes just prefer to be alone.
So out of curiosity, I randomly asked a few of my adventurous friends about the types of people they encountered during their travels. I was really overwhelmed with their answers so I decided to share them with you. Here’s what my friends said:
1. GLENN SALAZAR @simplymeglenn
” Most of the time, I travel alone. Most of the people I meet are as optimistic as I am which is cool! I got to meet people who are so adventurous and yet funny with out any issues or baggage ”
2. PHILIP LOPEZ @peelipp_palibot
“I met lot of people in my travels and most of them are proud of their own ethno-linguistic attributes, traditions, cuisines and natural wonders. Maybe, they are proud of their roots and province/place they are belong.”
3. CHRISTIAN JAYSON NARCISO @The.narciso
” I am a people person, I enjoy meeting different kinds of person and observe how they act in their own ways. During my travels, I tried meeting an Obsessive Photographer (sometimes this is me haha!) they will capture everything they see, they see everything as art hence they are the slowest in the group for they will capture everything they see as art. ”
4. BJ CARREON @pinoytravelwhore
A. The Leader / Organizer- the one who creates IT’s and negotiates with people
B. The Photographer– the one who who has all types of cameras (action cam, dslr, underwater cam)
C. The Selfie Addicts -no further explanation
D. The Clown / Miss Congeniality
E. The McGyver– the one who is always equipped with snacks, simple machines, utensils and medicines
F. The DIVA – The one who has a lot of demands and sometimes bitchy
G. The Commoners – common people who are quiet and reserved at times but manageable people
5. NICOH DEL VALLE @delvallenico
The narcissist loves taking pictures of themselves with nature, flaunting beautifully toned body and posing like someone in a magazine. (Forgive them Mother nature, hehe! ) Most of them upload photos of everything a few hours before, during, and after arriving at a destination.
The inseparable, couples who are too strong to be separated, are the ones showing PDA while on travel. They are overly affectionate with each other, and their acts are simply annoying. They prefer each other’s company, and are sometimes oblivious that they are traveling with a group.
6. EMMANUEL RAMIREZ @sunkissedguy
” Hmm! That’s tough! But maybe you can put the walking atlas/human google map. These are the people who just arrived and yet they can travel in the city like the locals. These are the people who never get lost during their adventures. They did extensive research about the city’s transport system, the must visit heritage sites, restaurants. The human google map is a very reliable person to travel with.”
7. RONNY BARTH @chefbaron
” Since I’m don’t travelthat much can’t say that much. But I met a lot of travelers. From very wealthy people with money and willing to spend to explore whatever they can see. Or my favorite backpackers. Cool people on budget but with the will to know the culture. I had nice days with tourists just with bonfire at the beach. And expensive speedboat trips with other people. But everything is very fun.”
8. JOBATS @whereisjubz
“Since I am into mountains, I see or meet a lot of mountain hikers who are very responsible and follow the “leave no trace” principle. These are hikers who don’t leave any trash and pick up any litter loitering around the mountain trails. I also met some hikers who were very kind and greeting almost everyone they see. There were also some who were very chatty, who were sometimes too much for comfort. And lastly, there are some hikers, who are know it all type of people. You know what I mean! “
9. IEN LIM @buddhanggala1826
Three types of people that I usually meet/met during my travels:
1. People who also love to travel – backpackers who love adventures…strikes anywhere as what they say no itinerary needed.
2.The Tourist Type – The type of person/traveler who loves to travel but they want somebody to do it for them…package tour…travel agency.
3. Extreme – People who love to travel and do something extreme…cliff diving. Canyoneering…etc… .ay meron p pala..
The blogger..extreme traveler…backpacker…di ba ikaw yun. Haha!
10. HONEY GALLARDO @honeygallardo21
As I operate my flights all over the globe, I noticed that there are different travelers I see in the aircraft
1. The Yuppies – They are the ones who travel with their friends (mostly colleagues)with huge backpacks. I see them mostly when I go to the beach or wherever the adventure is. In the aircraft they are mostly watching the entertainment system, eat what we serve them then they just sleep the entire flight.
2. The Lovers – They are the couples who speak in a foreign language and whom we see canoodling in a foreign land. We call them “The Honeymooners”. In the aircraft, you will see them holding hands, all covered in blankets. Sometimes our airline caterer give them cakes that says “Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. X!” (Oh how I love to be the one to give it to them onboard and see their kilig faces)
3. Expats – Who says that travelling is just for leisure? Some people you see travelling in their suit and ties with their laptop bags are mostly business men who travel because they are paid to do so to meet their clients. In the aircraft, they will just sleep the entire flight and they won’t want to be waken up when they sleep just because of the food service.