There are some people who are health conscious yet they are obese, there are some who are very athletic yet have high blood pressure, some look fit but they have diabetes, what’s wrong? I myself am one of them. I am asthmatic! Could the book THE REAL MEAL REVOLUTION by Tim Noakes be the answer?
A book so controversial, it’s given South Africa a different perspective on how people should be eating and what they are putting into their mouths. One of the best sellers in South Africa, THE REAL MEAL REVOLUTION is going to hit the Philippines by storm and I want to be the first one in our country to start this meal revolution.
This book includes all the research and different studies they made, the foods that you must and must not eat if you want to practice the Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) way of eating, and delicious and simple recipes for everyone to enjoy. This book promotes the Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) way of eating. Inspired by Sir Frederick Grant Banting.
10 Golden Rules of Banting
1. Remember: this is not a high protein diet. It’s a high fat, medium protein, low carb way of eating.
2. Choose real foods that look like what they are, and cook them from scratch
3. Fat is not the enemy. Enjoy it!
4. Eat only when you are hungry; eat until you are satisfied – then stop
5. Don’t eat when you’re not hungry. You won’t die if you occasionally skip a meal you don’t feel like eating.
6. Stop snacking. You won’t need to – it’s just a habit.
7. No sugar. It’s an addiction, and it’s probably best to go cold turkey. But if you need to make it a transition, substitute with Stevia, Xylitol or Erythritol – NOT artificial sweeteners.
8. No grains of any kind
9. No (or very, very little) fruit. Think of it as a sweet rather than a health snack.
10. Embrace eggs. They’re healthy, satisfying and very good for you.
During my visit to the National Arts Festival in Grahamstown, South Africa, Tim Noake’s who is one of the major contributors who started this meal revolution conducted a talk about this book.
We were ecstatic about this! Aside from the fact that I’d be getting his book, I would be able to meet him in person too! The lecture started and it was a very informative. He also provided some facts and evidence to back up all information stated in his book.
Here are some of the information I gathered
during his lecture.
1. Sugar is more addictive than cocaine and heroin. I totally agree with this! He also said that Sugar can also hasten the aging process. Scary!
2. Cholesterol whether LDL or HDL is not the cause of the Coronary Heart Disease. He said, it’s useless to have your Cholesterol checked. It is calcium that causes heart disease and not cholesterol.
3. More Saturated Fat – Less Heart Disease. More data was stated in the book.
4. Carbohydrates makes you hungry faster. Especially when people eat carbs during breakfast, they tend to want to eat sooner again compared to those who eats high fat food likes eggs and bacon.
5. Vegetable oils, corn oils and margarine are harmful to your body! Even Soya products are bad owing to the way they are processed. The explanation was also stated int he book.
6. Carbo-Loading is wrong! According to the book, athletes in the old days normally fed and performed better when they were placed on a high fat diet.
7. Eat natural animal fat and eat maximum of 50 grams of carbohydrates daily. Butter is good. Make sure that the only ingredient is cream. Nothing else! Even better if you can get hold of grass-fed dairy products (to ensure that the cows have not been given grains or antibiotics or hormones).
8. No to processed food. No to Hydrogenated fats and other ingredients hidden in your food.
9. Read food labels. You don’t want to take in any chemical stuff in your body. It doesn’t mean that when your food natural, it’s good for you.
10. Eating FAT makes you THINNER. Yes! Fat doesn’t make you fat, CARBS do!
The Real Meal Revolution book will explain to you everything you need to know and the science behind it. How you can lose fat from doing this, how you will feel stronger doing this and how it could change you as a person and the way you buy and eat your food. It’s more of a lifestyle!
The talk only took an hour but with that, so much interesting and mind blowing information was shared. He even let people asked him questions and in the end he personally signed the book.
Remember, Fat is not the Enemy!
Sir Tim Noake’s even mentioned that the transition was not easy and it was expected. So stick to the plan and soon you will feel the benefits of the Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) .
To my fellow runners, maybe Carbo Laoding could be a thing of the past, why not try load up with natural fats like eggs, bacon, cheese and butter before every run? I’m just suggesting this and no harm in trying.
When I arrived in the Philippines, I immediately started BANTING or the LCHF way of eating. I cut down on my carbs (Only 50grams/day) and stopped putting sugar into my diet. To be honest, I felt so much better now! Asthma attacks are less frequent and I’m not craving for any sweets, breads or anything that has high carbohydrate and sugar content. I am now more aware about what I buy in the supermarket about the labels and what’s in there. And I can now enjoy fatty meats with no guilt!!
Trust me, it’s worth getting a copy!
Please follow and like us:
This is really interesting! Thanks for that wonderful info!
You are correct Jangel Bruce Sermona. I've been doing this for a month now and I've lost 10Lbs and felt stronger too. I can truly testify to this diet!
Snacking on fatty foods is bad but healthy snacks like carrots, bananas etc help you to get your serving of fruits and veggies.
I think anything in moderation is the best thing to do.. However for those wanting to lose weight … Eat less carbs is the way to do it.
Radically different from what we always hear. No grains, no fruits — so hard in a country like ours where these things are staples. And that info about vegetable oil, corn oil soya is disturbing. These nutrition research data can really be very confusing. One day it is good, the next it is bad.
I know, before he started his talk, he apologized for the information he said before which is completely different to what he is promoting now. But, Ive been doing this for 2 months now and I lost 20lbs and I felt so much better!
Interesting, true that carbs are so addictive! They're sugar anyway…I believe in healthy and balanced eating, so not sure if I would try this, but good to see other's points of view.
You are so right about the carbs. I slowly reduced my carb intake and it was not easy specially the sugar. But eventually I was able removed them from my diet. I use Stevia as a sweetener. 🙂
"Eating FAT makes you THINNER. Yes! Fat doesn't make you fat, CARBS do! " This is very TRUE. I finished reading your article and I'll share this to my colleagues here in the office. Need to start cutting of on carbs too since I'm very dependent on it. Less CARBS the better. 🙂
Thanks you so much for sharing… At first I was like, really?? But Ive been doing this for 3 months now and I've lost 20lbs and I felt so much better than before. This book is changing the way South Africans eat and im sure this is just the start of the Meal Revolution! It will spread all over the world! 🙂
I had a revelation reading this post! Thanks for educating people about how fats don't actually make people fat! :3
Thank you so much Gillian! Im really trying to do my best to change the perception of the people with regards to taking in Natural Fat and the benefit it can give to our body.
Interesting reading. With so much conflicting information out there about what is healthy it's difficult to make choices.
So true! That's what made me more intrigued about this book. This has been the best seller book in South Africa up to date. I also lost 20lbs just by eliminating carbs into my diet. No preservatives and sugars too. 🙂
Nice and helpful article about the book – Real Meal Revolution. This should be taught here in the Philippines.
I know Sir! This book has gone viral in South Africa and I am sure that when introduced in Philippines, this would change a lot of lives in the Philippines 😉
Nutrition is really important and this books really gives us good insights. It would be nice to read this book when it becomes available.
Wow! I learned a lot of things in here. Gotta buy some of his books!
Know what, I actually knew 80% of the information above, but it's actually very hard to stick to it! Sugar makes one happy! And it's actually very very difficult to stay away from non-processed food especially when one is out most of the time!
Looks like it's a very interesting book to read. Thanks for posting this 🙂
this is really a helpful post since im on a diet,., its really hard to resist carbs >.<
This is really different from what I know! It's like my knowledge is disturbed which makes me want to read this book myself. When will this book be released here in the Philippines?
I just can't imagine myself not eating fruits or sugars or even bread! They are like my favorites 🙁
Lots of great info about nutrition can be gleamed from these. thanks for sharing this great reference..
This sounds like a version of the Atkins and Scandinavian diet. If it works for you that is fantastic. Bravo!
I am not a supporter of fad diets. It's good to have a bit of everything in your diet as we derive important nutrients from different sources. Eat in moderation.
I believe that everything in moderation is good for you and exercise is way better than dieting. If this works for you, it will be great 🙂
Great tips, I also do not support the idea of a high protein diet because I have heard that it burdens the kidneys, and the method of Pierre Dukan about the meat diet has proven to be harmful to the organism.